We have received questions on many topics including: the impact on family bubbles with multiple children in different learning groups; WorkSafeBC coverage for COVID; and what happens in a family if their child’s learning group is quarantined.
CUPE and the K-12 Presidents Council continue to seek answers and clarity on many issues from government and the PHO. We will include them in upcoming FAQs as we get information.
Please visit bcschools.cupe.ca for the most updated COVID-19 questions at the top of our home page. The numbered questions are listed in the following four categories: duty to accommodate, learning groups, health and safety, and other.
In safety and solidarity,
K-12 Presidents Council President
Find all FAQs at bcschools.cupe.ca
Learning groups (cohorts)
16. Can you explain how physical distancing works in learning groups?
17. What safety plans are being put into place when staff from outside a learning group enter the group?
Health and safety
18. What PPE will EAs have access to when working with complex-needs children, who have a tendency to spit or bite?
19. Will every district be required to have a safety plan in place before school starts?
20. Are there enough trained custodians to meet the requirements for cleaning schools as set out by the PHO?